Monday, February 10, 2014

Honor's Choir Retreat 1/24-1/25


I had a mini-retreat opportunity with the State Honor's Choir on January 24-25th!
You'll notice from the pictures that bloggers have more fun!
A "Tyler" shot of the reflecting pool near the temple.

Joseph and Emma across the reflecting pool west of the Church office building.

When I took this picture I almost felt like I was encroaching on a private moment.

The temple across the reflecting pool in the morning sun light.

The chandeliers in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building above 
where I sat and read "Eve: And the Choice made in Eden"  all morning.

The model of the Salt Lake Temple. 
Some of the inner rooms I've never seen.

These rooms I have experienced and love to see.

 
                      This mural in the West Visitors center  always produces a sense 
                      of  reverence. It consists of eight paintings depicting the cycle of life.


The middle portions of the mural.

The final panels of the mural.

My study on spires at temple square. 

 
My shadow of the present!

I took in an organ recital at noon in the Tabernacle.
It was awesome. 

That afternoon I attended the State Honor's Choir concert in Abravanel Hall.
We were literally in surround sound with over 800 singers all around us. 

A close-up of a chandelier in Abravanel Hall.

The State Honor's Choir men's Group.

This is supposed to be art.  I think it is Medusa on steroids.

The panel outside the Church history museum.

I felt renewed and invigorated after this event.
I felt a little bit guilty to turn in my time!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is some serious flooding!!! Colton wants to know if Powell Lake is still there because he says there is no way in @$%&# that we are driving our new car through that! ;)

    ReplyDelete