The Weekend Andrea was in Washington with Jason and
Laura's family, I had an over night bus run to Park City and in
some ways it was a much needed retreat.
Laura's family, I had an over night bus run to Park City and in
some ways it was a much needed retreat.
The Ski runs were still open, but mostly with manufactured snow.
On Saturday, Dad and Katie came to play with me.
They brought lunch, Leia and.....
They brought lunch, Leia and.....
Luke!
Our first order of business was a picnic on
the PCHS artificial football field 20 yard line.
the PCHS artificial football field 20 yard line.
Luke found some random eggs with fuzzy baby chicks inside. :)
Leia found a football field plenty of room to toddle and explore.
Next we headed for main street in Old Park City.
This statue reminds guests of Park City's roots. It began as a mining community.
We visited several of the shops. This one featured the
photography of a Mangelson. (That's a good Levan name!)
We even found.....The Abominable SNOWMAN! He was a paper towel holder. :)
After warming up to him, we got pictures.
Behind this window is the Park City Brewery still.
That's when you know you've reached the end of the road and
it's time to turn back. (Instructive don't you think?)
One of Luke's favorite spots was a construction site with Big equipment.
All of us noticed the fancy road bikes. Leia was even excited!
Luke gave me a thumbs up to let me know they were
safe standing next to this ancient Indian hunter.
The art in Park City is worth the trip. This is a sculpture of Lewis and Clark.
This is a full-sized Indian warrior.
This is just an old-fashioned fire hydrant, but Luke found it interesting.
As much fun as the street shops were, our favorite place was the Park City Park.
Leia had no problem venturing out on her own.
She was brave enough to navigate the slide ALL BY HERSELF.
Grandpa found a central place to Katie (8 months pregnant) showed
enjoy the weather and the kids. Luke how this contraption worked.
enjoy the weather and the kids. Luke how this contraption worked.
Luke eventually grabbed Grandpa's finger
and they did some exploring together.
and they did some exploring together.
Luke preferred the big circular slide.
Then Leia grabbed Gandpa's finger and they headed for the..... SWING!
It was Grandpa's favorite, too!
Grandpa is teaching Luke "how to make it work."
With a discarded paper cup and a
broken plastic shovel, Luke was in "heaven."
broken plastic shovel, Luke was in "heaven."
Luke soon discovered the the back hoe seat had holes in it.
It didn't hold sand any better than snow and rain.
We had so much fun that we felt sorry for this old
dog who looked longingly into the playground.
dog who looked longingly into the playground.
I don't think I have ever hung out in Park City before. I looks really pretty! I think it would take me a while to warm up to the abominable snowman too. He was a little bit scary!!
ReplyDeleteThat was fun. Our dad was sorry he had to leave us to work because we partied without him :-)
ReplyDeletePark City is a fun place. You found some good stuff there! I love those backhoe things too! And you got so many cute pictures with the kids. I wish I could just teleport myself anywhere in the world so I could be there for all the fun things you guys do! :)
ReplyDelete