Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Honorary Ash Grove Luncheon


Ash Grove hosted an honorary luncheon for Dad's retirement on April 26, 2016

The luncheon was held in the A-frame.

It was impressive to walk into a room filled with every available employee.   
That sight was a real tribute and compliment to him.  

They served hoagie sandwiches, chips and drinks. After a speech about Dad’s 27 years 
of service and how the records show the amount spent on major break downs decreased 
noticeably when Dad took over, they asked Dad to say a few words. He thanked 
Ash Grove for a good job that allowed our family to have a good living and then he said, 
“Some of you have given me a hard time occasionally because I have so many kids, 
but I just want to say that there is nothing that brings me more joy that my family.   
I would not give them up for anything.  And…. I also want you to know that when I 
retired, my kids bought me a Bay Liner Bass Boat with a 125 HP motor.”    There were 
some ooo’s and ah’s and some chuckles as well and they lined up to see the picture 
Dad conveniently had on his phone. :) 

They also served cake and ice cream.  
I didn't get a before shot. :(
This is the nice plague they gave Dad.

The plant the day of the luncheon.



2 comments:

  1. I did t know they had done a luncheon for Dad. How nice!!! I bet a few of the guys wish they had enough kids to buy them a nice boat! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really good of them to honor dad like that. They are going to miss him! And I love his speech. It makes my heart happy. :)

    ReplyDelete