Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Sarah-Jane's 5th birthday

Sarah-Jane's 5th birthday finally arrived on Feb. 24th.
We had to do some presents before I left on the bus.
This is her new cleaning kit.  She is the best helper around!

It was a very stormy day, so most of the celebrating was done at home.
This is the t-party they had while I was in SL with the choir.

Of course she had homemade cupcakes that were expertly decorated.

Part of the fun was she got to help.

Have you ever seen a cuter cake for a five year old?

Make a wish!

Blow out the candles!

SJ is actually enjoying some watermelon on her birthday.

Hans loved it too.  Can you tell he had sad goopy eyes that day?

Beth had to make a quick insta-care run that morning to get eye drops.

Can you guess what was in the bag?

Yes!  Sarah-Jane got her long awaited mermaid tail.

And....the shirt that went with it. Beth took the kids swimming down to 
Gunnison for FHE on the 27th.  SJ's tail really works!
***********************************************************


LEVAN HOMESTEAD NEWS….February 2017 edition
Dad: On Feb. 1st, I flew out to Florida to stay with Scott and Janna for a week. Scott tricked Janna and came and picked me up. We were able to visit and do a little planning on the way home. We got in a little bit of pig hunting.  That can get addictive! When you get in to the pigs it gets real fun in a hurry. The Smith Family concert on Sunday was great and to be a part of Caden’s ordination was the high light of the trip. While I was there I got to help catch the horses so the kids could practice, and then watch them run through their drills. I also made Janna a boot organizer, so that people can get in the garage door. J We took a day and went to see the glass bottom boats and take a tour. We also went to the beach to look for sea shells. I had a great time and enjoyed every minute with the Smiths. I was able to go to the temple 5 times in February, once was to do initiatory, and once I did family sealings with Marv, Alan and Sheree, Dale and Phyllis, Mary Lynn and Ron Marvin and Grandma Anna. That was a great afternoon, because I met Mom after for an endowment session. She had to drive her bus and missed the sealing session.  One day I went to Provo to mail a package to Elder Ben and leave some donuts for Andrea.  On the way home I stopped and visited Grandma and Mary Lynn for about an hour and a half. We had a good visit and I was able to sharpen some scissors and knives. Love ya all!
Mom: Happy birthday this month to Karrie, Scott, and Sarah-Jane! 
Dad flew out on the first so we were relieved when it was foggy in Mississippi and our personal ground hog did not see her shadow.  That meant no snow while Dad was gone and it worked! (However, we’ve made up for it that past week.) Some of the ski resorts in Utah have over 12 feet of base snow!
We’ve had some eternally significant things happen in the family this month.  Caden was ordained a deacon; Uncle Gord was ordained a High Priest with his new calling in the High Council; Cooper Chris Loveless was born on February 15th; and Elder Ben began his adventure as a missionary in Japan. These are the kind of events that bring true joy.
I also enjoyed some significant things--- like five sessions at the temple and an opportunity to teach Relief Society at the State Prison.  My topic at the prison was REPENTANCE and I was worried about that.  However, I was touched by the richness of the Spirit there in the little prison chapel, the sincerity of the prayers and the insight of the discussions. It was a sweet experience, although I will not need to do it again soon. Even though we don’t have any YW now, I was asked to make 12 loaves of bread for the YW fund raiser dinner.  It was a super successful supper and a tasty event.  They made around $3000 that night!
I’ve enjoyed some just plain fun things, too.  Linda Suazo and I went out to lunch on President’s Day.  All I can say is I would not trade her places.  We got two packages delivered to Elder Ben and shared donuts with Uncle Gord and Uncle Marv for their birthdays. Dad and I had a Valentine’s Date to the Young Ambassador’s performance at BYU, and we went to the theater and saw, “Hidden Figures.”  That is a biographical story touched me deeply.  Of course I can’t forget the T-party we had with the Wilkins while Ty was in Arizona, nor the t-party on Sarah-Jane’s birthday or the yummy Chinese dinner that night.  The weather kept us very close to home that day, but it was wonderful anyway.  I spent two days with the State Drill Team, one with the art class to Al Rounds studio, and one with the choir to the State Capital building.   Just for the record, Bethany and I are certified in First Aid and CPR now!  We have to do that every other year as bus drivers.  I have been reassured that our early Spring is just around the corner! (Thanks Karrie!)  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment