Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Picking wild grapefruit in the jungle

Grapefruit season was past when I arrived, but the missionaries 
had found some trees just inside the jungle that still had fruit.  
The meat was white and some had 50 + seeds, but the taste was divine.

The root systems were fascinating.

Abby is holding the ultimate grapefruit picker.

This was the picking crew!
Picking your own was part of the fun!


By our 2nd picking trip, only the super high ones were left.
That required a ladder and the ultimate picker.
Who in this case was Janna....as you can see!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! It was almost like being on a deserted island! :) I love the grapefruit down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh grapefruit is delish! and they say it gets sweeter the longer it is on the tree, so I am just betting those were very tasty!

    ReplyDelete