Monday, April 9, 2018

St. George soccer team trip 3/8-10

Occasionally there is a bus run that stands out.  My trip to St. George with the soccer team was one of those. First it was a touch of much needed spring, but mostly it was heart warming.   The head coach signed up for a 1/2 marathon one morning of the tournament.  It was in Hurricane and we were in St. George.  The boys decided it was important to be at the finish line as he crossed.  They asked me to drive them over and help make that happen.  I was delighted!  We got there with just enough time to spare. The coach was completely surprised and very touched.  He mentioned that it was one of the most memorable things of his life.  It is an experience I will always remember as well.
The soccer team with their coach.
The head coach is in the white shirt. 
He finished first in his division and 4th over all.

Hurricane is home to some amazing metal creations.


1 comment:

  1. Those are some really cool metal statues! I can see a few of those in your yard. ;)

    ReplyDelete