WEEK NUMBER TWO:
July 9: (14,603 steps) We used this day to
see the sites we’ve heard of all of our lives---such as the Chrysler Building,
Empire State Building, and Grand Central Station, We also had a "taste" of New
York. We enjoyed “black-n-whites”, Gelatos, New York style pizza at Patsy’s Pizzeria and of course…cheese cake at
Junior’s Cheesecake. We also found a few
gifts and souvenirs in the multitude of small street side shops. Then we headed for Rochester, NY for the final
leg of our adventure. After a few
hours, Darrel and I decided to take the more scenic route that avoided the
tolls and endless freeways. Route 66
turned out to be a lovely change. Rural
Western NY is a beautiful place with an untarnished home-town feeling. We arrived at our hotel around 11:00
p.m. Sleep was the main thing on our
agenda at that point.
I now have a clear concept of what it means when
someone says, "This place is like Grand Center Station!"
The NY City Public Library
The Chrysler Building
The Empire State Building...minus King Kong!
We visited a gem shop and most made final gift purchases.
A TASTE OF NEW YORK
PATSY'S PIZZERIA
We had authentic New York Style Pizza baked in a brick oven.
The pizza was pricey, but good. Ammon wanted SJ to see his purchase.
The Smiths enjoying gelotos.
NY really is amazing in its own way. I am glad I don't have to live there though!
ReplyDelete