December 2: Today was a very emotional day for me. Janna called first thing to announce an
accident she and Abby had been in. She
clearly down played it as they were broadsided by a semi going 60-65 miles per
hour. Their van is totaled , but
miraculously Abby was fine and Janna will recover. Thousands of daily prayers for safety were
answered this day. The outcome should
have and could have been so different. I
could not refrain from thinking about alternate outcomes and how those would
have impacted our family, especially from the distance we are apart. They were almost unbearable to
consider. Then I would remind myself
that they had been divinely protected and were okay, and I would be overcome
with a gratitude that I can’t really express.
The cycle created an emotional roller-coaster day for me. I was able to put our Christmas things
up. The joy I find in that blended well
with the deep feelings of my heart. Mitchell’s last little guinea pig (Abbie)
passed away today.
The accident did not prevent her scheduled surgery two days later.
It was a tough month. She may not have survived it without Laura's visit.
By the end of the month Janna was back to the temple with some friends.
Yeah, I got a little emotional that day too!
ReplyDelete