Saturday, June 27, 2015

Payson Temple Dedication

This is the Temple Dedication hosting committee.  
Aunt Rebecca was the common link between us.She was on the general
 hosting committee and each person her is related to her in some way.
We met at the Church West of Payson Park at 9:00 a.m. and the food prep fun began.

The kitchen crew made muffins, baked cookies, and 
put together yogurt parfait cups and pear salad cups.

The cultural hall group cut up and counted the fruit...

the veggies....
and yummy wraps.  (Chicken cordon bleu and fiesta beef wraps)
Dad helped Uncle Kent haul the finished items to the Temple.

That evening we had tickets to the Payson Temple Cultural Event.
This is as much as we saw from the BYU stadium. 
A violent thunder storm moved in just as people began to gather.

Thirteen thousand participants evacuate the stadium as directed. 
It was very crowded under the stadium.

We decided to head home because I had some big demands at the
temple the next day and I didn't want to be too tired to enjoy every
 minute of it.   This is what was happening on our way back to the car. 
This is when we discovered that cheap umbrella's are not water proof!

The gutters were over flowing the the man holes looked like tiny geysers. 

We got home in time to be in our warm PJ's just as the storm separated and the 
show began. We watched it on our computer and it was wonderful! 


Special guests arrived in a gulf cart limo. I was honored to serve 
these same guests the following day in the Payson Temple.

This is Scott Hone representing Abe Lincoln.
Scott lives in our ward.

This little gal is from Nephi and she had a solo part.

Angels rejoiced in the completion of the temple with all joined that night.

All the youth wore long sleeved white shirts that they removed to 
reveal a rainbow at one point of the production.  It was impressive.

The first rainbow above was at a practice at Maple Mountain HS. This bottom rainbow 
was the program's finale'.  It followed and preceded a raging storm system.

June 7, 2015 was the Payson Temple Dedication.  Dad and I attended the 10:00 a.m. 
session in Payson and then I reported directly to the temple with my sister, Mary.  She 
and I were among the very first needing a recommend to enter following the dedication.

This shows the lovely apron especially made for this event.  All on 
the food hosting committee wore one throughout the day.


The guests made this an extra sacred event.

The sound crew had the equipment gathered, packed and ready to 
load into a semi in a very short time following the final session.



Dad came back to the temple around 6:30 p.m. to pick me up.  I hoped to 
capture my last look of the temple at the end of a truly amazing and life 
altering day.  I was in the temple for nearly 7 hours.  That is  my record for now!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience! I am so glad you got to be apart of that special day. Thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I wish I could have been there! What an amazing and beautiful couple of days! If you know where I can watch that cultural event in full, let me know. I so wanted to see Scotty be Abraham Lincoln. 😊

    ReplyDelete