Monday, April 22, 2019

Memories In March


Memories In March
March 1, 2, 15, 22, 29:  Darrel and I worked shifts in the Payson Temple. That is always a blessing! 

March 3:  We were able to be with Taylor when he was ordained an Elder.  Janna was not able to be here and that was hard for me.  I have missed too many important events in my life because of distances to not feel the hurt that causes.  Art and Terri were here from Idaho.  Ben and Amy were here, too.  We had lunch together following the ordination.  Scott was here from Florida and able to ordain him.  

March 5-11: I was in Florida with my brother Kieth.  It was an awesome trip and I loved being there with him.  It will remain in my memory as one of the best opportunities of my life.   While we were gone, Jordan and Andrea had a gender reveal party at Brick Oven in Provo.  They are expecting a little boy.  I was grateful that Darrel, Bethany and her kids were able to attend.  Ben, Taylor and Amy were there, too.  Haylie was baptized on March 9th while I was away.  Again, Darrel was there to represent us.  The pictures suggested it was a lovely day.

March 12: Kieth and I got back to Utah around midnight.  But we were both at Ted Nielson’s funeral today.  He has lived west  of my parents for as long as I can remember.  I grew up with his kids.  His oldest was John.  We went to school together from Kindergarten to High School.  It was good to see the family and many who were friends there. 

March 16-18: We had the college kids down for the weekend. We went to Hari Krishna Temple, Salem Pond, Bubble Rock and the Train tunnel. 

March 18-20: My first field trips after being re-hired by the district on March 18th were the 19th and 20th. Darrel came to Union on the 20th to meet me.  The snow through the Strawberry Valley was impressive.  The fences were buried.  Those in cars felt like they were driving in a tunnel, although I could see over the snow banks in the bus.  There were snow-mobile tracks everywhere!  Darrel and I had dinner together.  He picked up an adorable puppy for Bethany.  It was a Korgy named Lobo Legolas.  

March 21: We had the opportunity to feed the Sister Missionaries and had a delightful visit. 

March 23: Today was Darrel’s 69th birthday.  Our BYU grandkids joined us for Captain Marvel at the theater in Nephi at 3:00 and then a barbecue here at home that evening.  We had por chops using the recipe Jake had suggested.  It was yummy.  We love having Ben, Amy and Taylor here. 

March 30: We went to the Hale Theater production of “The Newsies.”  It was so enjoyable.  The music was captivating, the acting superb, and the message powerful.  That evening we went to Joseph’s Technicolor Dream Coat in Nephi.  It was super well done.  I knew there was that kind of talent in Juab County, but it required a different sponsor and director than The Juab Arts Council.  I wish them luck and success.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm glad Nephi is getting some more culture. 😉
    March was a fun packed month!

    ReplyDelete