Thursday, March 19, 2020

January 2020 at a glance



January at a glance:
Our January 1st was a great way to begin a new year. The Mellors came down and played in the snow, and then stayed for dinner.

January 5: Dallin was received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a deacon by his father, Neldon Charles Mellor.  We were grateful to be witnesses to that event.  Neldon gave an inspired and beautiful blessing.  It’s been a while since I have seen a young man more excited to receive the priesthood.  Perhaps it’s because he is 11 and feels extra blessed to get a “head-start” over most in the past. We had lunch at the Mellor’s following before coming home. 
  
January 7: We sent north to get Baptism pictures with Sarah-Jane.   She wore the dress Janna made for Abby’s baptism.  It was a lovely day for pictures at the Provo City Center Temple.  We got a “living water” picture by accident.   In fact we didn’t realize it until we got home.  But as I was taking her picture on the retaining wall in front of the water fountain,  someone opened the temple doors as the exact same time and we picked up the beautiful picture of the Savior holding a lamb as the Good Shepherd. 

January 9: Today was Lydia Torgeson’s birthday.  Cheri Oldham and I rode to Richfield so we could visit with her briefly and take a small gift.   We met when she lived with Rex Chase and I was assigned as her visiting teacher.  She now lives with her daughter and I’m so grateful she is a beautiful home where she is loved, appreciated and cared for.

January 18: Darrel and I went to the Hale Theater that afternoon.  We didn’t get season tickets this year because we anticipate being on a mission later on. But Darrel suggested we get tickets for the first three shows so we did.  I’d never heard of “The Man with the Pointed Toes” by after seeing it, I will never forget it.  It was delightful and completely hilarious. 

January 19: Today was our stake conference.  It was also Andrea’s in Ogden, Katie’s in Mesa, and Janna’s in Florida.   

January 20:  We had a fun snow day with Ben and some BYU friends as well as Andrea, Jordan and Hyrum.  Bethany’s family joined us at the end. 

January 22: We met with several in the Kenison Family to do sealings at the Payson Temple.  We had enough to man two sealing rooms, so both Dale and Alan were able to officiate.  MaryLynn found the names.  One was an only son of a couple.  This young man was killed in the war in France.  Darrel did the initiatory and endowment for him.  Today his parents were sealed to each other and he was sealed to them.  We had three or four infant children sealed to their families.  Those with no posterity have few looking for them and making sure their work is done.  It was a sweet and beautiful section for Darrel and I with Ron and MaryLynn, Gordon, and Marv and Kathleen with Alan as the sealer.  We all went out to lunch following the session.  I took the student bus to Delta for Region Drill that afternoon.

January 25:  I was on an over-night trip with the Honor’s choir when Dad called me.  His hip was out of socket, he was outside, and he hadn’t been able to get a hold of any help. Kent was in the temple.  Kieth had forgotten his phone.  Mary was in St. George and I was in SLC in a school bus.  I felt the best option was to call 911, which I did.  By the time I was confident an ambulance had been dispatched, I called Dad back and Kieth answered.  It’s been a long time since I felt so helpless, but as soon as I heard Kieth’s voice I knew Dad would be ok.  He was back home by night fall. Kieth and Kent stayed with him throughout the day until bedtime.  I am blessed to have such an awesome family. Andrea and Hyrum came and found me.  We went to the choirs’ performance in Abravanel Hall.  There were 800+ voices and it thrilled me to the core. 

January 29:  Darrel and I picked Amy up at the airport early this morning.  We had a few hours before she needed to be to the MTC.  We spent a little time around the Provo City Center Temple where Amy was endowed.  We met Ben and Cassidy for lunch and then dropper Amy off at the MTC.  It was difficult.  I’ve never dropped a missionary off who was struggling more than Amy.  She was weak, sick and trembling because of anxiety.  Even with medication, she pushed forward on shear faith and determination.  It tugged at my heart to leave her there and I plead with the Lord to lift her burden enough for her to be successful.  This is something she wants so badly and is so prepared otherwise to do.   

January 30: Billy and Rusty Baum came down today and I helped them write their letters to the Parole Board.  They left the final $1050 for Lorenzo Jensen, an attorney, to help Maggie prepare for her up- coming parole date. She will have been incarcerated for 5 years on February 24th, Sarah-Jane’s 8th birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment