NOVEMBER 2020 AT A GLANCE
November 3: Today was election day. It was almost good to have it over. It appears that the majority have chosen that which will lead to socialism without some Divine intervention. That concerns me. But I am confident if the Savior were here, He would not chose either party. Both have corruption. The lesser of two evils seemed an easier choice this time. As abrasive as President Trumps personality is, his policies have been good for the country and he follows through on what he says. Fair promises are all we can hope for now, unless it is possible to prove that the voting in some states was not honest.
November 9, 2020: I took my Dad to the dermatologist. He removed over 20 skin cancer spots and took a biopsy of the open sore on his right hand, ring finger. It returned as a combination of three cancer types and Dad was referred to a specialist.
Nov. 10-14: I spent five glorious days visiting Brett and Shellie’s family in Mt. Washington, Kentucky. I arrived on Angela’s 15 birthday. It was comforting to see their nice home, lovely neighborhood, and gorgeous vegetation and sunsets. I loved our day at Four bridges where Shellie made the news. I also enjoyed our day at the Zoo. I felt loved and cared for every minute. It was my first visit to Kentucky and definitely not my last.
Nov. 18: We ended up buying a new Toyota Highlander with Divine assistance. Today was my day to check on my Dad. Darrel joined me because we had some items to take to Habitat for Humanity that were too heavy for me to deliver alone. Darrel’s research had convinced him we needed one of three vehicles for our mission: Mazda CX9, Ford Explorer, or Toyota Highlander. KSL proved to have little within the specs we wanted. Darrel had checked with the dealer we purchased the Camry from a week earlier and found they had nothing. As we were about to leave, I had the thought to contact the three dealerships we have experience with or know the owner. I located the phone numbers and offered to drive so Darrel could make the calls. To our surprise, DRIVE Auto had received 6 new Highlanders the day before and had 8 on the lot. A week earlier they had nothing. We decided to drive over and just look. We took Dad to test drive with us. Some of these Highlanders were beautiful colors. We have never owned anything but white, gray, tan or silver vehicles before and I fell in love with the burgundy one. We were completely unprepared to buy, but we knew if we delayed the selection would be reduced. We asked what it would take to buy some time. The agent took $500 down to hold it for a week.
Nov. 20: President Nelson gave his address to the world today at 11:00 a.m. He reported that the current pandemic is only one of the many ills that plague our world. Others include hate, civil unrest, racism, violence, dishonesty, and lack of civility. He offered a tried and tested, fast-acting sure remedy for such ills. He prescribed an increase in gratitude and then he offered a prayer for the world. It was a sacred moment to hear a prophet pray so earnestly for the entire world. We picked up our new car this weekend and dropped the Camry off to Amy. She is purchasing it and the company I bought the ten- year extended warranty was willing to transfer it to her for $50. All the pieces of our creative financing package came together very quickly. When the Lord gets involved, things fall into place fast and we surely felt that.
Nov. 23- Dec. 3: Tyler and Katie were here with their five children. They flew into the Provo airport and used our van for transportation. We enjoyed having them here for Thanksgiving. Katie visited Jolene and Uncle Kieth one day. We went to Salem Pond and enjoyed the light display in Spanish Fork Canyon and around Salem Pond. We took Grandpa Marvin along that evening. Katie and the kids helped me deliver a quote countdown to 8 widows in the ward with a small nativity snow globe. I think Verla Spring enjoyed it most of all.
Nov. 26: Today was Thanksgiving Day. I rented the town hall because we thought we would have 30, but Laura and Janna’s family ended up celebrating in Lehi. The Mitchells were down for Ben and Sariah’s temple marriage. Bethany joined us for our meal. We had lots of leftovers! The stop at Carl's Jr on the trip from Idaho didn't help. Bethany and Randel and all four children spent Thanksgiving night.
Nov. 27: Darrel and I were able to be in the Payson Temple for the first time since February. Sariah received her endowment. At first the masks filled me with sadness and a sense of loss because I'm accustomed to leaving the world at the door and today I was required to take it in with me. Masks take most of what I love about gathering in the temple with other Saints. Eventually, I found the sweet Spirit I know, and it was wonderful to be in a prayer circle with all 16 in attendance.
November 28: We returned to the temple this morning to witness Dale seal Ben and Sariah for eternity. We were so grateful that the day had come. They were civilly married on August 18 in Moses Lake. Washington. We were able to be there for that. Dale’s presence brought a sweet, warm Spirit. I was grateful that Ben and Sariah were not required to wear masks. I felt more open to the Spirit today despite the current mandates and restrictions. I was sad more were not able to join us, but technology made it possible for a large group to be with us as we left the temple. It was good to see them and feel their support from around the globe. That afternoon we went up to the towers with Scott and Janna’s family and cut three beautiful Christmas trees. There was enough snow to feel like winter, but warm enough to enjoy it. I rode the 4-wheeler all the way up. It was exhilarating.
November 29: I lead the 5th Sunday combined meeting discussion today. Our topic was President Nelson’s message of gratitude to the world. I felt it came together well and I felt the Spirit. I was inspired to ask help from those I did. Their insights were deep and inspiring.
No comments:
Post a Comment