This was my Fall Vacation in the short bus with the All State Choir and Mrs. Esplin.
The parking at the temple is much better in the short bus. I usually park our on the road.
It was a lovely autumn day. These were taken 10/11/13.
I was amazed by the flowers because of the recent frost and snow.
Oquirrh Mountain temple dressed in autumn splendor.
This pine tree was loaded with pine cones.
The old timers say that means a long, cold winter.
Check out the dew drops on the roses.
This flower was so perfect, it looked plastic.
These are my vacation buddies! The All State Choir Group!
The practiced at Riverton High School, but they performed in the Tabernacle.
A post card picture taken near where I parked the bus.
I have always loved the statues of women on temple square.
They capture some of the sweet moments of motherhood.
No matter what season or weather conditions,
the flowers at temple square are always gorgeous.
I can't be on Temple Square without visiting this site. I have two sweet
memories of this spot, that make it especially sacred to me. One was with
Malea, the other with Bethany and Grandma, when Grandma was in her wheelchair.
I learned from a deaf man that if you look closely---
the Savior's hand forms the "sign" for "I love you!"
I'd like to ask each of these ancient prophets a few questions. Wish they could talk!
This is the UVU group practicing. They performed just before the HS group.
This is the 2013 All State Choir of 650 voices from where I was sitting. The guest
director was not LDS, but she knew she was coming to a faith based state and
performing in a sacred facility and she selected music that invited the Spirit
in rich supply. This was a life altering experience for many of the participants.
I forgot how much color Utah has.... It being an desert and all.. Beautiful pictures.
ReplyDelete