Tuesday, April 8, 2014

General Conference with Andrea 4/5/14

Andrea was privileged to perform with the UVU Institute choir during the Saturday 
afternoon session of General Conference on April 5, 2014.  Through prayer and a 
connection with someone in high places, Dad and I were able to get tickets and 
attend that session. Our tickets came complete with a strategic parking pass!


 We listened to the morning session on the drive up and arrived early 
enough to enjoy some of the Spring splendor of Temple Square.

It was windy, quite chilly and as usual: 
"The Heavens weep when the Saints meet!" 

I thought it appropriate that the gardeners planted "little purple pansies" 
near our traditional photo-spot in honor of Grandma Marvin. 

I had no idea how many of the trees on temple square blossom in the spring! 

  I loved this "Tyler shot" of Peter, James and John.

We ran into this stone carving in the conference center.  I spoke to my heart!

Our seats were in section 8 of the plaza, or ground level. 
We sat under this sign, on the right side of the pulpit. 

This is the soprano section of the choir prior to conference beginning.  
Andrea sat slightly above dead center and wore a mint green blouse.

 This is shows the full choir.  They completely filled the choirs seat: 350+ members!

 The women's sections during their warm-up.

 A close up of Andrea during conference:  Thanks Tory!

 This photo of the First Presidency was taken from our seats!  
We could almost smell the scent of their after shave. :)

 People poured out of every level following conference.   This shot was
 taken near some vocal protesters who hoped to convince those who had
 just had an immersion in the Spirit that what they had experienced 
was not real. It  gave me an inkling of what Moses felt when he 
encountered Satan after an experience with God.
 We preplanned to meet Andrea at Jerusalem in the North Visitor's Center.

As you can see...It worked!

 On the way to our car we ran into Amy Paystrup ? who also sang in the choir. 

After many years of watching the Sunday morning session of General Conference 
at the Stake Center in Nephi, we watched it at home for the first time! 
Andrea's laptop made that possible.  It was a bit sad to have a long, wonderful, 
effective conference chapter end, but I surely enjoyed conference from our recliner!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post. Thanks for sharing. Back when we were in Utah I always thought that temple square was boring; from over here, it looks just thrilling.

    Were you home for Sunday morning because it just worked better, or did they actually cancel the Nephi location?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! I bet they did some camera shots of your section! Now I need to go back and rewatch all the audience shots to find you and Dad. :0)

    After the Saturday afternoon session the kids kept "finding" aunts singing. Did you know Aunt Janna sang in the Sunday morning session? :0)

    ReplyDelete