Autumn in Utah doesn't look a lot different than summer in some places.
Many of the maple leaves simply faded and fell off.
An aspen glow on the hillside.
The wild rose bushes are loaded. The Indians said that is the sign of a hard winter. ):
This is about as autumn looking as it gets. This is on the Nebo Loop drive.
The most fantastic part of the season is the blue skies and amazing clouds.
This shot features the first snow fall of the season on the back side of Nebo.
The Aspens are the most gorgeous this year.
I love this back shot from the top of Payson Canyon towards Nebo.
This is the over look of Utah Lake from the top of Payson Canyon.
It has green algae this year that is toxic so water play has been restricted.
It actually killed a little dog that drank the water.
This is the lower Payson Reservoir.
Wow! When I was a kid there were so many little peep toads that we had to watch for them
so we didn't step on them! I played with little toads for many hours at Payson Reservoir.
This is the dam at the main Payson Reservoir.
This shows how low the reservoir is and how vacant. It has scary bacteria this year too.
Here we are at Maple Lake. The best thing about our
visit is that Malea called and I had cell service.
The leaves have fallen but the memories of a picnic with Grandma Marvin here remains.
We saw some deer and got a picture of one.
Now I'm curious about these bad waters! I hadn't heard a thing
ReplyDeleteWow! Where did all the dangerous bacteria come from? I don't ever remember hearing of this happen before. Do they know how to fix it?
ReplyDeleteI love the fall pictures. I think my favorite is the picnic area where we had picnics with Grandma. Thanks for sharing the beautiful mountain pictures with us!
You have some very beautiful pictures. I wish it was more vibrant, but even still, you can tell fall is in the air there. I have been thinking about going out and trying to find some fall colors around here, except we forget it's fall sometimes because it's still so warm outside... I did love that picture of the picnic table though. I still remember one of the last picnics we had with her at that very table with you, me, and Bethany. It was a beautiful day and she looked so happy and even relaxed. Lucky we get to celebrate her life on her birthday tomorrow. :)
ReplyDelete