Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Festival of Trees

Darrel, Andrea, Bethany, Sarah-Jane, Wil and I went 
to the Festival of Trees together on Dec. 2, 2016.

It was the children's weekend to be with their dad, but
he asked Bethany to take them because "he was recovering"
from some oral surgery and there were "residents
in his home who had the stomach flu."

Our first quest was to find the "Charlie Tree" 
entered by the Shaw Family in honor of Charlie 
who passed away from a rare blood disease. 
The tree was a BYU themed tree because Charlie
loved the BYU Cougars. 

Below are some of our favorite trees.
This tree was made out of green rubber bands.

This tree was decorated standing upside-down.

This tree was made of wood.
Darrel thought he could build on of these.

These are edible creations found in 
the Gingerbread section of the festival.


This Ferris wheel was HUGE and very impressive.

A team of inmates at the Utah State prison made
three amazing edible displays.

The first was a Star Wars theme.

The second one was an under the sea theme.

The third was an angry birds theme. Each sold for $500!
I had 5X7 prints made of each for Maggie Baum.  The ladies
at the prison have no way to take photos and she 
thought the creators of these impressive displays would
appreciate  having a copy of their work.

This Harry Potter Quilt was one of our favorites.

I always enjoy the nativity section.

This little "gingerbread" house was crafted of balloons.

1 comment:

  1. Those ladies at the prison did an amazing job! Those are super impressive. I love seeing all the creations at the festival of trees. I am glad the tradition has continued and you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete