

THE SHIRLEY FAMILY ON HALLOWEEN IN MI



THE KENISONS IN TEXAS
Andrea went home with Janna, Ammon and Sam
and was there for Halloween.
This is Bethany's masterpiece. It took her months of planning and hours to complete.

LEVAN HOMESTEAD NEWS: OCTOBER
2016 EDITION
Dad:
General Conference was really good. Well I don’t remember ever sitting through
a poor Conference. I drove truck for my brothers for 8 hr. chopping corn on the
3rd, then Mom and I went to the airport to get Jacob. On the 4th
we went to Strawberry to take Jake fishing and test out his sea legs. He hasn’t
got very impressive sea legs. He went overboard before we could get to the dock
to wait for Mom. That put a damper on the rest of the trip. We went to the
Temple on Wednesday and then Jake repossessed the Shadow and headed for San
Diego. I enjoyed spending time with him.
Then I went back to driving truck for 6 days putting in corn. I was glad we got done before Andrea got
home. I was glad all of our daughters were able to come home to be a part of
Andrea’s home coming and Mom’s birthday party. On the 30th we went
to the state Prison to talk to the inmates. The bishop’s wife read Mom’s talk
and gave it as though she was her. I did my talk on choices. I think that the women were touched by both
talks. I feel very fortunate to be the father of the best son and daughters in
the whole wide world!
Mom:
Wow! Has there ever been a month better than this one? If this is what happens when you turn 60,
bring it on! General Conference was a wonderful kick-off. Dad missed the priesthood session because I
bought tickets to the Oak Ridge Boys concert without consulting the calendar,
but we enjoyed the concert and have made an extra effort to study them on line.
I always wonder if the current one could be as good as the last and somehow it
always is.
Jake’s visit at the first of the month was
short, but so enjoyable. Our fishing
trip to Strawberry reservoir was cut a bit short due a series of unfortunate
events, but the drive up was beautiful and the visit on the trip up and back
may have been my favorite part. Mellor’s
hosted the barbeque in his honor one evening and it couldn’t have been better.
Our temple trip to Payson was all I hoped it would be and to top it off, we met
Grandpa Marvin there. We got some
pictures together that are priceless.
Jake was also able to visit Grandma Anna at the Care Center in
Payson. She was really surprised and
happy to see him.
I have to say that the meeting with
the Kenison brothers and sisters to make some decisions about Grandma’s care
was heart-warming. I don’t suppose there
is a mother anywhere who is more respected and cherished by her children. I was
glad I was there to experience it. She came home shortly after that meeting and
is making steady improvement.
There are no words to adequately
express the excitement I felt as I anticipated not only Andrea coming home, but
ALL of our girls. Some had been away
longer than Andrea. It was one of those times that almost everything went as
perfectly as planned and imagined. My
birthday party was so wonderful. It was clear that there had been a lot of
planning and preparing, to the point of sacrifice to make it possible. Thanks
to each of you for making that possible.
I will never forget the piano trio by Laura, Katie and Malea. It was
magnificent and was all the entertainment we needed. I want you all to know that I still smile
every time my cuckoo clock sings. It is beautiful and it does bring me joy
because of what it represents. It feels good that all of us have been inside
the Payson Temple now. Having nine of children there with us was a payday
for Dad and I. My dream of all ten of our children in the Celestial Room
is yet to be experienced, and I still have hope that day will come. I am
so pleased with the sister/daughter pictures we were able to get. I can’t wait to get them on the wall!
Andrea’s mission report was
amazing. The depth of her understanding
of the “Doctrine of Christ” deepened my own.
The Spirit was there and she sparkled with light as she spoke. Her vocal solo was lovely. Malea did a superb
job accompanying her, although I was worried that it wasn’t good for her heart
. J
The piano duet by Laura and Katie built on the Spirit that was already
there. Those who attended where enriched. Just for the record, I was sustained as the
new ward choir director. I am so unqualified that I am amazed by the call, but
I have had enough callings to know that the Lord will qualify me enough to do
what He would like to have done, so I am not too worried. The luncheon following Andrea’s report was
smaller than we had planned but plenty full to be rewarding and
satisfying. The blessing Colton,
Darrel, Tyler and Ben gave Malea a blessing that evening was touching to be a
part of. Colton’s tenderness and love
for Malea was evident in his voice and in the Spirit that attended it. That blessing brought me peace. It was a
little hard to have everyone, including Andrea leave following that time
together, but the memories are ours forever.
I read two books this month as I
prepared to speak at the religious service at the prison. Maggie had requested my visit for
months. I was told by her bishop that
the ladies there do not understand the Atonement and few have much hope in
their lives. I wanted my visit to make a
difference in at least Maggie’s life and I spent some serious time
preparing. As it turned out, Dad and my
talk went in without me because I didn’t have my driver’s license, but from all
I’ve heard, things went really well in my absence. My own understanding of the Atonement has
been increased and that can never be restricted or taken from me. The Bishop promised to give me a chance to
teach a 4th Sunday lesson sometime and I think that made Maggie feel
better. The best part of that day was
being at Luke’s primary program that morning.
I love being a grandma! Hope all is well!
Return of the Andrea: I
began this month, by finishing up my work in Hamilton. I had occasional dance
parties with Sister Lee, taught some people about Christ, and did a lot of
service! It was hard to say good bye to all the friends that I have made in
Ohio, but with modern technology and my new access to it, I can still keep in
touch with them. I flew back to the land of my inheritance on the 19th
day of this the 10th month and kept my emotions in check until I got
to the top of the escalator. Then the flood gates unleashed! Even with my
blurry vision I was able to make out the faces of my dear loved ones so as to
envelop them in a long awaited embrace. Thanks to all who made it! We had a
wonderful weekend full of fun and family. The following Sunday, I gave my
mission report. I also did a special
musical number. The musical number had my knees knocking, but I had the talk---
no sweat! I had some friends that came down to support me and lots of family.
It was so good to see everyone!
The following week, I flew out to
Florida with Janna and spent the week with them. It was basically a nonstop
party since there were 3 birthdays and Halloween in the week I was out. We
worked on projects, listened to books, made and ate food, and outfitted the
majority of the family for Halloween. We went rock climbing and got locked out
of the car, so Scott had to come to the rescue. It turned out to be good
though, because we had a gospel discussion with the workers behind the counter
while we waited. We also went to the beach the day that I flew home. I got some
salt water in my eyes so they were bloodshot and while I did have time to
shower, I didn’t really have time to do my hair, so it was a little wild and
ferocious. Despite my disheveled appearance, they let me on the plane and I
made it home safe. Since being home I have worked on getting a job and an
apartment in Provo so that I will be all set to start in January. So far it is
looking like I will be able to work at Studio 1030 again and that I will be in
my old ward boundaries again. I was excited about both prospects. Speaking of
prospects, I have none of the male variety so if you hear rumors about me being
engaged just know that it is only in a good cause. (D&C 58:27) I did go on
a date, which was fun, but no potential for anything serious there. It has been
good to be back. Definitely an adjustment, but it has been a relief and I have
felt the confirmation and peace that only the Spirit can bring that this is
where I need to be right now. I love you all!
I love to see what all the kids dress up like for Halloween. Thanks for sharing them all.
ReplyDelete