Following are some of my favorite pictures sent to my phone this month.
Nathan on Cinco DeMayo....Nathan's graduation day!
Rorie's red-velvet birthday cake with her birthday guests.
Andrea occasionally sends me a new screen saver for my phone.
What do you think of this one?
They are going to a military base in Illinois.
This proves that Anna is number 1!
Katie's kids sent a similar form letter to me for Mother's Day.
It made me smile and tear-up just a little.
Malea sent this amazing original art for Mother Day.
She knows I love sunflowers and what we can learn from them.
Abby shared her important report on the Timucua Indians.
It was as good as any high school history fair report.
She and her mom made this little display to go in from of the board.
Pictures of Ephraim delight me!
He looks so much like Dad at this age.
There is a running battle between Jake and
Ephraim about the ownership of this truck.
I was pleased that Amy and the Kent Lake High School
Band got to be in a big parade even though their
plans to make the traditional trip to Canada were
cancelled last minute. As a "cage fighter" Amy knew
what to do when that happened but to no avail.
This slide was at on a playground near the parade route.
Can you find Laura?
LEVAN HOMESTEAD MAY REPORT
LEVAN HOMESTEAD MAY REPORT
May often seems as busy as December,
but it opens the way for summer so it’s worth it. We enjoyed some beautiful spring weather with
an occasional reminder of winter. Happy Birthday this month to Rorie, Dallin,
Joshua, and Colton! Happy Anniversary to Dad and I and Brett and Shellie!
PLEASURE
WITH BUSINESS:
I had lots of bus trips, but we have learned to use them to our
advantage when we choose. Dad, Bethany,
Sarah-Jane and Hans came and found me on my trip to the Living Planet Aquarium.
Two days before I had been at the Zoo with the Kindergarten children and being
in climate controlled exhibits was nice.
In many ways I like the aquarium more than the zoo. Dad came to Provo
during my run to the BYU track invitational and we were able to do a session at
Provo Temple together. Then we got a
Panda Feast and had a picnic with Bethany, her kids and Andrea. Dad found me again during my State Track meet
at BYU. He was quite late because of an
accident on the Freeway, but we still fit in a temple session in honor of our
anniversary the next day. As is so often
the case near our anniversary, we were asked to be the witness couple. Dad and I enjoyed a yummy lunch at LaJolla
Groves thanks to all who contributed to my Mother’s Day surprise.
(THANKS!) Just before time to be back to
the bus, Andrea took us on a tour of the new landscaping NE of the ducks ponds
near BYU. Beautiful! I also enjoyed my trip to the State baseball
play-offs with the JHS boys team. They
played two games within walking distance
of the Brigham City Temple, so I walked up and enjoyed some leisure time
there. I hadn’t gone prepared to do a
session, but just being on the grounds was a boost for my spirit. Apple’s had her baby that day. Her name is
Evangeline.
JUST
PLAIN PLEASURE:
We also enjoyed some fun things.
These included our FHE hike up to the waterfall in Bear Canyon. We found plenty of snow lingering there! Dad and I sponsored an empty-nesters
gathering here in the yard. We had about
25 come and our new nine-square game was a hit!
That was the first of two times this month I made a 15 pound potato
salad. The second salad was for the
Father’s and Son’s outing. Dad took Hans to that. I hosted book group this
month. We discussed “The Continuous
Atonement” by Brad Wilcox. It was a great choice to read during April because
of Easter. Mother’s Day was lovely. Bethany taught R.S. and I got to go sit with
Andrea and hear Beth teach. It was a big
payday for me! I loved hearing from you
throughout the day and I am excited to see Brigadoon later in the summer. We
attended the JHS Spring Concert for FHE one week. What a blessing good music is in our
lives. On our actual anniversary we
went to the Hale Theater to see “Betty Blue Eyes.” It was a bit silly, but super fun.
PLEASURE
BECAUSE OF BUSINESS:
Dad did some spring ground work for his brothers. He made well over half of what he needed to
pay for a new hearing aid for his left ear.
He got it this month and although
it has required some adjustment, I think he is enjoying it overall. We also got our square foot garden boxes in,
one for me, one for Dad and one for Beth.
Our garden is in as well. Bethany
had her meeting with the Stake President who verified the call from President
Monson’s secretary to offer her a cancellation of sealing. That happened on May 4th, and as
you know, that cancellation was final on June 2, 2017. It is hard to describe what that had done for
us. We at least know that Heaven is
aware of us, as well as the truth in all things. Occasionally we are blessed with a little of
the equity and justice promised in the end. (See Alma 10:20-21)
Note:
School ended for us on May 25th. Dad and I headed out on a 10 day road trip,
our first since our honeymoon. Since the
trip extended into June, a report of that wonderful adventure will be given in
June!
No comments:
Post a Comment