Tuesday, December 29, 2020

My trip to Kentucky

 

I visited Shellie in Kentucky for the first time ever.  I arrived on Angela's birthday and had a wonderful visit.  I hope to return soon!  The house to the left is Seely's home.

To the left is a Catholic church in Kentucky.

Below is an indication of the mentality of the University students in Kentucky.  Notice the two signs.  How can racism become extinct if those who support it seek the destruction of other ethnic groups?








While we were on the bridge, Shellie was interviewed about COVID and it aired that evening on the news.  It was a thrilling day and as we stepped out over the water, music began to play that touched my heart.  It was a joyous day!






On the Kentucky side of the bridge is a memorial park honoring Abraham Lincoln who are born in Kentucky. 



 

We visited the Louisville Slugger Museum together.  The bats start as specially selected trees and then become a bat that this sought after by professionals and famous all over the world.







                                    Hand selected blanks for the professional players named. 


Bundles of blanks become milled bats of varying lengths and weights.  Then they are painted and stamped according to order and purpose.


 

 










 



 Hunting for geodes in Sasquatch country.

This photo was for Andrea who served in Florence on her mission.  Shellie and I were on our way to the airport so I could fly home.

1 comment: