We enjoyed welcoming the New Year
with Bethany and her kids. We played
games, did sparklers and watched the new “Pete’s Dragon”. It is a heart-warming story, but it will
never replace the Disney’s animated version for me. Everyone was awake to bring in 2018.
Sarah-Jane was fascinated how each day turns into the next while we sleep, but
it never fails. New Year’s Day we all hiked into Maple Lake. There was more snow than I had
anticipated. It was so good for my spirit
to have a “forest in winter” experience.
The stillness and beauty filled a sometimes empty spot inside.
Sarah-Jane, Bethany and Hans, Grandpa
Grandpa is talking to Jake in a sweet spot that surprised us. Uncle Jake
was working on his truck AGAIN and needed a consultation.
We were surprised by the amount of snow because of our mild winter.
Maple Lake was frozen over.
Grandpa and Me Hans
Heading back!
Grandpa and Sarah-Jane
I think the event of greatest impact the first week of 2018 was the passing for President Thomas S. Monson. He may have been the kindest, most gentle man to live in this dispensation. Some of his stories will live in my forever. I will never forgot that he reached out to Bethany at a time and in a way that was so validating and strengthening to her and to me. We will miss his leadership and the way he could teach a feeling as much as a message. I rejoice for him and have been secretly pleased that Colton and Malea’s baby was there for his arrival in heaven. I am certain it was a reception of gratitude and joy for many.

No comments:
Post a Comment