December 5: Laura let me know about Tyler Shuler’s
passing. She read it on Facebook. I called Kate and we talked for nearly an
hour. Kate has had such a difficult life
in so many ways and this may be the most difficult thing she has faced so
far. Even so, I felt comforted after
visiting with her. They have found
comfort in knowing he is no longer within the influence of his mother and his
life had a peaceful ending rather than the violent one they have envisioned
because of the course his life was on.
He had epilepsy and apparently had a seizure during the night while
sleeping on his stomach. He was unable
to breath and could not help himself.
The man in uniform was Tyler's stepfather for a time and perhaps
the greatest influence for good during his time with his mother.
Me and Ashley Shuler
Dec. 9:
I met Wendy, Lee and Sarah in Payson and we traveled to Tyler Jay
Shuler’s funeral in Willard. It was really a lovely day. There was a sweet Spirit at the viewing and
funeral. Susan, Tyler’s mother, did pretty well. She allowed them to fly Tyler’s body home to
be buried. She didn’t object to an LDS
funeral, but did walk out during the closing song to make a statement of some
sort. The song was “A Child’s
Prayer.” I made a connection with
Ashley, David Shuler’s widow. Her family
grew up with Richard and Dawn Anderson’s family. I was surprised to see her there, but had a
chance to visit with her. There is much
good and great potential in her, but I will always be on Terri’s side and feel deep
sadness that David and Terri’s temple marriage was destroyed because of his
relationship with Ashley. She is young
enough to be his daughter. I'm certain she was
attractive on many levels, because she is beautiful and
intellectually his equal, but I am worried he sold his birthright for a mess of
pottage in the eternal scheme of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment